October 15, 2013

Oh how good our Heavenly Father is!

October 15, 2013

Hola Familia! 
Thank you so much for your letters. They are so uplifting to me! Right now I just filled with so much gratitude for how good our heavenly father is to us to give us the blessings of families and friends. The Lord truly loves us!

Sorry you didn't get to hear from me yesterday. It was a holiday so Libraries are closed. But, we go and email at our apartment office, which we assumed was closed, but wasn't closed yesterday. Bummer. Oh well. 

This week was a good week. But, of course :) 
Me and Hermana Argueta are really finding success. Not success as in baptisms left and right, but success in knowing that we are working hard and fulfilling our calling. 

We spent a lot of time this week doing service. There is a recent convert in our branch who needed help painting her living room. She has 3 young kids and a messy living room, so it took us 3 days. We had to cover up a lot of coloring on the walls. The walls also had a ton of peeling and a bad dry-wall, so I was proud to know what to do and be able to paint walls well. I really learned a lot and am grateful for our experience in fixing up the Bayberry house! I know so many skills I wouldn't know otherwise. I am a master painter :) Anyway, Leslie (the member) was very grateful and made us food everyday. That was a plus!

It rained ALL week this week. I was so glad that last P-day me and my companion took a trip to the mall and exchanged my other shoes for a pair of sturdy and cute boots. I've worn them all week!  

Me and Hermana Argueta also put Christian and Kayla Arias on date for November 16th! We are very excited for them. They live 45 min away from us so we only get to see them once a week. But, they just got here a month ago from Ecuador and are living with their Dad and his family who are all members. Kayla is 14 and is kind of snarky sometimes and laughs at my spanish, but has a good heart. Christian is 16 and kind of a punk, but he is really interested. He has been reading El Libro de Mormon and has been practicing his prayers in english.

We have really been focusing our teaching this week on the Book of Mormon. It literally can convert somebody on it's own. I'd encourage each of you to read the introduction to the BOM this week, we share it all the time. It points out that it's vital that we know the BOM is true. Because, if the BOM is true, than Joseph Smith was really a prophet and really translated it through the power of God. And, if Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God, than the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints really is his church!

I am SO grateful for this gospel and being raised in a home that taught of Jesus Christ. The other night we were walking past a home and we hear a little girl screaming. Her dad was beating her and yelling. We got really close to calling the police, but got interrupted. It broke my heart to think of that little girl screaming. I am so grateful for a loving family and to be able to bring the gospel to other families. 

Hermana Wilde, my old companion leaves next week for Argentina so her companion is losing her. We aren't quite sure what's going to happen there, they might put us in a trio! But they also talked to me and Hermana Argueta about working with Jhoana, Esperanza and Heidy! SO I GET TO TEACH THEM AGAIN! :) I am very excited, but I also know that they are a LOT of work. None of them came to church this Sunday because they were lazy. Ugh. 

Yesterday, we went to Arlington and DC with the Elders and then met Hermana Simpson there! It was very fun. We went and saw the changing of the Guard, and walked Arlington cemetery, then walked across the Bridge over the Potomac to DC. We saw a few monuments, but because the government is shut down all the monuments are closed. But nobody was following that rule, there were plenty of tourists there yesterday. It was a very good day, but we all went home pooped because we walked over 3 miles! We rode the metro home and all fell asleep on it. 

I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I feel like I just got off the plane and here I am on my Second Trainee and only have 13.5  months left. I think I am going to be home in time for thanksgiving next year! That will be neat. 

I love you all! Keep up the faith. 
Siempre, 
Hermana Spencer

1. All of us at the Metro
2. Me at the Kennedy Gravesite
3. Me and my old Companions in front of the White house




No comments:

Post a Comment