October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013

Hola Familia! 
Thanks so much for the letters and updates! I love being up to date! 

That's so funny that it's such a small world. I totally know Alli Gillespie. She was at my apartment all the time, we had fun. Congrats to Brittany on the mission call! That is SO exciting. She will absolutely love being a missionary :) I didn't know Olivia was engaged yet! WOW! If you get a chance, tell her congrats for me and I want to see pictures!
Thats so fun that mama Lopez is visiting you! Tell her hi for me and love getting the emails each week!
WOW Dallin! I am impressed. You look like a stud in your pictures! When I come home, you will have to teach me the art of hunting.

This week was yet another good week. We started off the week with exchanges. I stayed in Sudley and Hermana Argueta left. I had Hermana Dopp, one of the sister training leaders come to me and work with me for a day. It was VERY helpful. I learned a ton. Hermana Dopp has been out for a very long time and she is very experienced. We started a bit of training and Hermana Dopp felt impressed to ask ME for some help with some trials. I was very touched. She just felt like I would be able to help her and give her good advice for some companionship problems.  
That night we went to go teach a few lessons that fell through. She said "well, might as well go knock some doors!" (bleh). The first door we knocked let us in. We had an amazing lesson with this entire family. It was a huge testimony builder for me. We taught them the first lesson and the one lady, Marta, had a lot of questions about prophets and the Book of Mormon. We aren't sure if anything will come of it, but regardless we had a really good lesson and I learned a lot. 

This Friday we had Sister's conference. All the sister missionaries met and we heard some great talks. Sister Riggs said she really felt like she needed to talk to us about the woman and the Priesthood. She talked a lot about priesthood power versus having Priesthood authority. It was very inspiring. She mentioned that we ALL need and have access to the priesthood in our lives. It made me very grateful for my dad and for other worthy priesthood holders in my life. They also talked about Dress, Manner, Distractions, and even self defense/being safe. It was very good. 

I think my favorite new quote from president Riggs is our DC South mission Three C's of no-no's. "I will Not complain, criticize, or compare." Something I definitely need to work on!
 
Friday night we had Trunk-or-treat in our branch. All the missionaries came and were able to meet some friends of members. Me and Hermana Argueta switched name tags and dressed up as each other. (Clever, huh?). We got candy and we were going to decorate our trunk, I was so bummed because they decided to just pass candy out in the building because it was too cold outside. Regardless it was fun and we might have a few new people to teach from it! 

We are completely out of miles for the month, so it looks like we are going to have do a lot of walking this week! We were so frustratedThursday night because we confirmed and everything, drove out to Warrenten (45 min drive) to teach our progressing investigators, and they weren't home. That was frustrating, but the rest of the night ended up good and we were able to work more with Jamie and Jennifer, two daughters of a member. 

This Sunday we taught a great lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ, to Jamie and Jennifer and we both felt prompted to give them a baptismal date. They said "we just want to get baptized already!" after we brought up the idea. They are getting baptized at the end of November. We are very excited for them!
 
I had a really great interview with President Riggs this week too. He mentioned a lot about hastening the work. Each of us are called to be here at this time for a reason. We were chosen before the world was to take part in this work! 

OKAY. So, HUGE NEWS. Our mission is going to implementing Facebook, Ipods and Ipads! We are going to be using facebook in the next month, and we get Ipods and Ipads in December. Isn't that CRAZY!? We are going to be able to use facebook to teach friends and family on our facebook. We are going to be able to teach lessons over facebook and skype, and we can use friends and family as a member present lessons as well. Our Ipods and Ipads are going to replace our planners and area books. Everything will be electronic. We also are going to be able to use videos and other lesson materials on our Ipads in lessons.
I love you all so much!
Hermana Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment