August 12, 2013
HOLA! Como Estan?
I am so glad to get your emails with love and support. I am
glad things are going well at home. I think about you and pray for you often...
This week was a good
week, (claro). We had rough moments but good ones too.
We had meeting ALLLL week. Tuesday, after district meeting,
we had Spanish Forum. So basically, all the Spanish missionaries in the whole
mission met and had a seminar/ fireside. We had lunch, and then President Riggs
came and spoke and we did a lot of learning and practice teaching. I realized I
needed to work on my Spanish a lot more. President Riggs can't speak Spanish
though, so his talk was my favorite part. It was so fun to see all my MTC
Hermanas at the forum though! It was an awesome reunion.
I also so Elder Caleb Earnshaw from the Boston stake. He
didn't recognize me at first but then we caught up a little.
Every Wednesday, we go to Correlation at the Branch
President's house for lunch. His wife is an AMAZING cook, and correlation is
always fun.
Then, we went on exchanges. I was really nervous. I stayed
in my area and one of the sister training leaders came to be my companion for
24 hours. It was a great learning experience. She was very grateful that I was
going okay, because I guess a lot of times exchanges is time for sisters to vent and cry to the
leaders. She was really glad that I was perfectly fine and didn't need to cry
:)
On Thursday, when I got my companion back, we found out that
the Young Women's were doing a temple trip. So we hitched a ride with them and
took our investigator Heidy, and her aunt the recent convert Jhoana. It was
last minute, but perfect. We set up a tour with the visitor center Hermana
there and she did phenomenal. The spirit was so strong. She taught Heidy the plan
of salvation and the importance of our life. Heidy has a really hard life and
has a pretty messed up family. She has a hard time understanding her individual
worth and is kind of a punk. She is 15. But she really wants to get married in
the temple.
I am so grateful for the temple and the blessings it brings.
All Hispanics LOVE the idea of eternal families and being in the house of the
Lord. Jhoana was a like a kid in a candy shop at the visitor center. She wants
to find somebody and be married in the temple so bad. We just love her so much.
We had to have a very serious chat with Jhoana this week
because she has been dating this guy for a year, he is separated but not
divorced from his wife. He is NOT a good guy, and is not a good influence. We
had a very heartfelt chat about keeping the temple a goal and refining
ourselves to be worthy. We all ended up crying, hugging and telling each other
we loved each other. . All I could think about then was "I doubt this
happens very often with the elders...."
I love this work. I love being a missionary. I have been so
HAPPY. I feel like I have had it so easy though. I have an excellent companion,
who is super easy to get along with, and I have excellent investigators and I
have the calling as a servant to the Lord. I love being here. I am just waiting
for some storm to hit!
Today, my whole district is going to DC to visit and tour
the sites. I am so excited. We get to take the metro there.
Sorry I never get a chance to email everybody back. Give my
love to everyone.
I was just told today that from now on we need all mail to
be sent straight to my apartment. It is the one on Lotus Lane in Centreville. I
would LOVE letters:)
Keep the Faith and remember the blessings of the gospel. We
are so blessed to have this in our lives!
Our whole mission is starting a 40 day fast, where every day
we fast from doing a different habit of behavior. Yesterday, I was working on
gratitude. I am so grateful for this gospel and being raised in it.
Much Love,
Hermana Spencer
No comments:
Post a Comment