September 9, 2013

Another great week in the work of the Lord

September 9, 2013

Hello Familia!

It has been both a long and short week.

This Friday we had my first zone conference! It was so wonderful. We talked a lot about prayer and the importance of it in our own and other's conversions. We also talked about asking inspired questions. I have a huge testimony of inspired questions. We have had lessons go completely not as planned because of asking an inspired question.

It was so good to listen to President Riggs. I LOVE that man. He is extremely young, but SO wise. He seriously just...Gets it. President Riggs talked about all of his missionaries are his investigators and that he loves us all so much. I was filled with so much hope and love when he spoke. I am so excited I get to spend my whole mission with him as my president. He is so inspired.

Every zone conference they do car inspections. Me and my companions went and got a car wash, vacuumed and organized everything in the car. At the conference they gave out clean car awards, and we won first place (which is 100 extra miles). I am pretty sure EVERYBODY in our zone hated us at that moment because they had all seen our car all the other times. We have 3 girls in one car and tons of teaching material. It is far from first place material. It was pretty funny though.

On Saturday, We had "Launching Leaders." Which is a Seminar about developing ourselves. It is taught by a senior couple who have had an amazing life. He has been a mission president and they have served a few missions. He is dripping of wisdom and success. He talked to us about being on our "Peak Performance." When we are on our peak performance, we have the ability to be successful, we feel good about ourselves, and we are the last person to choke. He talked about how we must have balance in our lives in order to be a peak performer. It was something I had heard before, it just put it nicely into perspective about each of our potentials.  

We did a bit of finding this week. We were checking up on some potential investigators and formers, and we decided to knock on this door. We met this guy named Jairo from Guatemala. He has a great family. We taught him the restoration and he seemed really intrigued. He was very involved and he sounded like he was really going to study the BOM. We are excited to teach him again tonight!

Good news of the week....We are teaching Esperanza's husband Jose! He has always liked us, he just has always hid from us when we came over. But he said that at his wedding he felt like he was with family. He has noticed a difference in Esperanza. The other night, he came home from work and he joined us. He said that he is willing and wants to come to church, but he doesn't want to come to church and not change. Well, we promised him that he WOULD change and for the better. He and Esperanza read together that night from the BOM. We were so excited. Since they got married and since she got baptized, there is a difference in their relationship. It's more meaningful. We are so excited to keep teaching him. We know he will come around and Esperanza wants so badly to be sealed in the temple. She already has a testimony of forever families. It has made my testimony of families grow. We really can be together forever!

I am very excited that this Friday we are going to go to a Nationals Game! Our entire mission and the DC North mission are going for the day of service to go to the baseball game. We are all so excited and it should be super fun! Somebody teased me though and told me that they were playing the Red Sox. I got all excited...But they aren't. They are playing the Phillies!

Well, I know that this church is true. I love being here and bringing others to Christ. The gospel really is the way to true joy. I love you all and I am so grateful for your love and support. Don't be afraid to share the truth with others. It is the best news you could ever tell somebody!

Much Love,

Hermana Meagan Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment